Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Customized Night Lights

A few years ago I saw some altered night lights in a magazine.  I hunted them down and made a few and loved them.  My mom asked me to make 15 for her one year and she gave them to all her friends for Christmas.  On her recent visit, she asked me to make her some more.  So I did.


These are SUPER easy to make and so fun too!  It just takes a piece of single-sided patterned paper and some trim.  The night light shades are self-adhesive so it goes together quickly and with minimal supplies.  If you wanna be really frugal, you can buy your trim in large cuts with a coupon or wait for them to go on sale at Hobby Lobby.  I usually use red tape for the trim but hot glue works well too.  I have an order  in for a few more.  I am thinking my office needs a Zebra stripe one with some pink gems.  What do you think?  ;)
Photobucket

2 comments:

StL said...

Dear Katie,
Where did you get your self-adhesive night light shade? Thanks!

Katie said...

Hello StL, I ordered them online from Amazon.com. :) Hobby Lobby used to carry them but recently discontinued them.

Thanks,
Katie