Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

O Christmas Tree...

A few years ago I bought a white 4' pre-lit Christmas tree at a Black Friday sale for $12. I thought it was a pretty good deal. Then, I hit Hobby Lobby and purchased some mini tree pink ornaments, some silver bead garland, a star for the top and a tree skirt. Little did I know at the time that my daughter would think it was the BEST tree in the world!

Shelby spent hours entertaining herself decorating the tree. Now that we have purchased a 7.5' tree we have given Shelby the pink/white one for her bedroom. Talk about one happy little girl! ;) I created this layout with some pics I had taken of her the first time she decorated the tree...

I started out with a 12x12 Canvas Corp canvas fabric page. LOVE these pages! They are so fun to work with! Before adding anything to the page, I spritzed it a few times with some Peppermint Glimmer Mist. Since i still had plenty of the new October Afternoon Holiday Style collection, I decided to use it for my layout. I chose my pics and Journal Card then cut and embossed a mat with my Spellbinders Grand Calibur and Grand Labels Twenty-Three die template. Then I arranged my pieces and added the ribbon trim below them. The embellishment cluster above the photos was created with pieces from the Miscellany Pack, Flower Sack, Work Stickers and Label Stickers. Next, I decided to make a little candy cane by wrapping some twine around on of the pipe cleaners from the Miscellany Pack.

This layout was based on the 12x12 sketch in this post and I really wanted to keep the banner in the design. So, I took some of the twine and strung it across my page then started adding embellishments. I used pieces from the Flower Sack, Buttons, Word Stickers, Label Stickers and even die cut some of my pieces using my Spellbinders Nested Pennants die templates. Here's a close-up view of the banner...

I just LOVE how it all came together!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Michele said...

Such a sweet story Katie and what precious memories you made scrapbooking the layout. Shelby will treasure this memory forever.....Miss you girlfriend ♥♥♥