Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Try it on for size...

Hi everyone! I hope you are having a great summer. I know I am. I have been traveling a lot for work...lots of stamp and scrapbook shows! Thankfully my family has had the opportunity to tag along with me once or twice so we've had a few mini vacations in there.

One of the things I love about papercrafting is trying something new. I started scrapbooking a little over 11 years ago and from day one I always scrapped 12x12 layouts. I am guessing it is because the person who showed me how to scrapbook showed me in 12x12 size. So, recently I decided to try something new...8.5 x 11. I was a little skeptical because I am usually one of those people who likes things even on my pages...almost symmetrical. But, I tried it nonetheless and here's my very first layout...

Now, since I am new to this size I checked out some sketches before I settled in to create. I found this one from Page Maps and decided to give it a try...

You can see that I used some elements of the sketch, but still put my own spin on it. I started out by cutting my black American Crafts cardstock down to 8.5x11. Next I cut and adhered the little patterned paper squares and placed my photo. Using my Spellbinders Nesting Pennants, I created the little banner on the top right corner, with little rhinestones placed between each banner piece. Scrap-Mart's Exclusive Clouds mixed with some stickers from the paper pack finished off the top of my layout. I added a flourish bling from Want2Scrap and created some felt flowers with the Lifestyle Crafts Roses die. I cut the smaller rose from light and dark pink felt and instead of rolling them up, I just kind of folded them around, adhering as I went, 'til it was flat and formed into a flower then I tucked an American Crafts brad in the center. Next I added two Lifestyle Crafts leaves that I cut from Core'dinations cardstock. I added the title under my photo to finish the layout off. The little alpha stickers were in my paper pack and the 'girl' was cut using my Slice and the Words & Expressions Family design card. One more Cloud and a little sticker added to the bottom and that was it.

I really enjoyed working with this size and I have a few more to share with you. Tomorrow, however, I'll be back to share a card I made with some of the new Spellbinders released at CHA Summer.

Photobucket

No comments: