Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back to school...

My kids went back to school a few weeks ago, August 10th actually. Can you believe it is time for school already again?! My mom was here visiting and once again I tried my hand at sewing. Something about my mom makes me want to sew. hahaha I have seen the cute Pillow Case dresses on Etsy and figured I could probably make something like that. So, I did. Here's a picture of Shelby in her new dress for her first day of Kindergarten...

I didn't have a pattern, but I did use one of her other dresses to help me get the armholes right. This was my first time working with bias tape and I was a little nervous but I am extremely happy with how the dress turned out. And Shelby loves having new clothes and it was even better that mommy made it for her. I made her a little hairbow to match her dress and even dolled up some $1 flip flops. I have purchased some more fabric and plan on making her a t-shirt dress soon!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Shar said...

What an adorable little sweetie pie Katie!! I love this picture. :)

August 10???? Wow that's early! When do they get out for summer?? Kids don't start here till after Labor Day.

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

Yeah, it is early. They get out the end of May, around the 25th but they only go to school Mon-Thurs and have every Friday off! It is actually really nice.

Thanks! She's a handful...such a big personality and so, so smart!