Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Coupon book...

My Seth is one of those kids who loves to drag things out. He likes to save his money and will hesitate to spend it on something, even if he really wants it, for fear that something better might come along. He's also a thinker. He likes to ponder what if's and what not's. So, I thought that giving him a coupon book as one of his birthday presents would be kind of fun. ;) Here's what I made him...

Here's the cover. I used the new Lifestyle Crafts Cookie Cutter Coupon Book dies to create the book and pages. You get 2 dies in this set and the inside page actually fits perfectly on the outside as a mat as well! For the mat on the front, I used some My Mind's Eye Hattie patterned papers I scored on ScrapAce then added the title with the Lifestyle Crafts Blue Sky font.

One of Seth's absolute favorite things to do is go to the movies. There are a few movies out right now that he'd like to see in theatres so I thought it'd be fun to give him a coupon so he could decide when and what he wanted to go see. A craftier way of giving a gift card, I suppose. I cut the page out then used my PTI ticket die and Just the Ticket stamp set to create the personalized tickets and some Sassafras Lass Cherry Delicious Glitter Alphas.

Next school year Seth enters the awkward world of Jr. High. He is becoming increasingly interested in girls and appearance so I thought it would be fun to take him clothes shopping and let him pick some stuff out that he thinks is "cool". Yes, he would've received summer clothes anyway, but this way he'll feel like it's even more special. For this page I pulled out my trusty Slice. The t-shirt is actually the onesie from the Animal Crackers design card. I simply cut the v in the neck and trimmed off the bottom half to make the shirt. The flip flops and the words are from the Summer design. The word trip was actually a double word that said Road Trip so I just trimmed off the part I didn't need. I filled in the rest of the title with some Making Memories Tiny Alpha stickers.

For the last page I created a simple Free Space page. Seth can choose whatever he wants...fishing trip, a second movie trip, iTunes. It's totally up to him. I cut some inchie squares from the My Mind's Eye scraps and staggered them across the bottom then used more Sassafras Lass Glitter Alphas to create the title across the top. I added some more Making Memories Tiny Alphas to finish off the title. All edges pages were inked with the Midnight Confessions Quick Quotes Chalk Ink.

We had a few smaller gifts for him to unwrap too, including the much requested Spanish-English dictionary. Did I mention Seth is a brainiac??? hahaha Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend and I hope to see you Monday!

Photobucket

No comments: