Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I would like to introduce you to the newest member of our family!

Don't get too excited, it's a puppy not a baby! LOL! My friend, Marie, is a breeder of Schnauzers. One of their neighbors dogs got a little comfy with one of their lady's and Jack was born...along with 5 or 6 brothers and sisters.

Isn't he cute?! He's a really good puppy! He is doing really well with the potty training too! The kids are so excited to have Jack around. They actually fight over him constantly. Cody, our 4 year old told Shelby (3) that "Jack is not your puppy, or Daddy's, or Brian's, or Seth's OR Mommy's. He's MINE!" LOL! Rocky and I were listening from the other room and we were cracking up. Unfortunately for the kids, learning to SHARE the puppy is a must because 4 kids and 1 puppy is ENOUGH! No more. LOL! Here's a pic of Shelby loving on Jack when we went to see him a few weeks before he came home.

And here he is with Cody...

Jack has a good home with lots of people who love him. He is already spoiled too. I went to the store the other day and came home to find Jack perched up on Rocky's shoulder like a baby, covered by his blankie...IN THE SHOP!!! LOL! Rocky was helping a friend put a new water pump in his truck and took Jack out with him. He also loves to snuggle.

How 'bout something crafty? I went to The Scrappin' Pad over Labor Day weekend to celebrate my birthday. While I was there, I made Seth a bookmark using my Gazelle. Here's a peek at the front...

I used the BossKut Bookworm digital design, which is also available in die form HERE. First, I dropped my Chocolate Chip SU! marker into my blade holder on my Gazelle and wrote the quote. Then, I replaced the pen with the blade and cut a rectangle around the quote. After the bookmark front was cut I added the bookworm.

For the back, I took a piece of American Crafts cardstock and stamped the images on it. The stamps are from Unity's Hodge Podge of Happiness kit. Then I cut his name with my Gazelle, glued the two pieces together (for added strength) and that's it! I had it laminated so it would last longer.

Thanks for stopping by today. Sorry it's been sooooo long since I've posted. I do appreciate my readers. I hope you're Fall is off to a great start. I took Shelby and my niece, Rylee, on Cody's field trip to the Pumpkin Patch last week so I'll have some layouts to share soon!

Katie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a cute new addition Katie!! ;)
love your bookmarks too, you crafty queen, you!
hope that all is well with you :)
(((hugs)))