Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Post-It-Note Holder

Since I started my new job I've been looking for ways to add a bit of personal touch to my space and spruce up the office a bit. I use tons of Post-It-Notes so I thought I'd make myself a fun holder for my pads. Here's a peek at the one I made for myself...

And here's a peek at the insdie...

I used Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 1 to cut chipboard squares for the lid and bottom. Then I cut the patterned paper and glued it to the pieces. The ladybug stamp and inside sentiment are from Unity Stamps Little Buggers set then cut out using Spellbinders Petite Circle Nestabilities and mounted on Spellbinders Labels 3 Nestabilities. The ladybug was colored with my Copic markers then I masked it, put it back in the die and misted it with Glimmer Mist. Misting it inside the die left the white border around the edge. The flower on the lid is the BossKut medium Daisy and the leaves were cut from the Sizzix Stems and Flowers border. I just cut off the small pieces to size to fit where I wanted them. I added the Kaiser Pearls to the flower center, a few Primas and a touch of Stampin' Up ribbon. The sentiment was stamped inside and added a few flowers. The border along the bottom was created with the Fiskars Effervescence border punch. I used my Scor-Pal to make the sides of the box. I will, hopefully, be shooting a video tutorial on how to create one of these shortly!

Thanks for stoppin' by today! I am finalizing some details on the Scrap Pink crop and will be posting the details. A local designer has created a t-shirt and I'll have those up for pre-order soon! The proceeds from the sale of the shirts will be forwarded to the Susan G. Komen foundation along with the crop donations! Have a great day and I'll see you again soon!

Katie

1 comment:

Anne said...

This is so cute! I'm looking forward to your video!