Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

10 Minute Layout

I think we can all agree that life is, well, *BUSY*! We have jobs, kids, sports and our hobby! I have 4 kids, 3 of which played baseball/weeball this season. One is speech twice a week, two that bounce back and forth between houses. Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it. But I still want to scrapbook. Having a job in the scrapbook industry is a bonus for me. I don't look at my deadlines as issues, I look at them as opportunities! Having the deadline is nice for an excuse..."but honey, I HAVE to have this done for the blog for tomorrow!" That helps. LOL! But, seriously, no matter what deadlines I'm facing life for my family doesn't stop. Most of my scrappin' is done late in the evening as the kids are preparing for bed, or already in bed. I do have the opportunity to visit The Scrappin' Pad every once in a while and I can usually get 3 or 4 layouts done overnight then. But, I still need my time throughout the week. The layout below is one I created with mostly scraps, which I have to admit, I don't do very often. It took only about 10 minutes to assemble.

I used papers from the Just Chillin' boy collection by Making Memories. I'm not usally a fan of the busy background papers but this one added just the right amount of oomph for my page. All I did was color in the word "POW" with my orange Copic marker. I added a piece of coordinating paper with some foil stars on it then matted my picture on a piece of orange paper. After adhrering the photo I added a crumpled piece of paper to the bottom of it. By using the crumpled paper in place of ribbon it helped keep to the boyish feel of the layout. I cut the "DUDE" with my Slice and the Just Chillin' Design Card and added the metal signage to the side of the pic. That's it! A 10 minute layout!

Well, that's all I have to share today. Thanks for stoppin' by! I hope you're enjoying your summer so far. It'll be over before you know it. Take care and I'll see you again soon!

Katie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh WOW! how cool is this?! awesome layout katie!!
♥rae