Pages

Monday, November 3, 2008

Score-Star and tutorial

Okay, so as usual I'm a day late and a dollar short! I'm really sorry! I was supposed to post this over the weekend along with a video tutorial but LIFE took control and it didn't happen.

I'm sure you've all seen the large 3-d metal stars. They're very popular in home decor right now...especially in Texas. They look like this:


Anyway, Sizzix came out with a die where you can cut 5 petals out and assemble them to create this 3-d star. Well, I have the Nestability stars as well as a star on one of my Slice design cards. Honestly, I didn't figure I needed another star but I thought this idea would look great on a card or pages.

So, for this one I took out my Slice and cut a 4" star from the Basic Shapes 1 card. Then I laid it on my Scor-Pal using the point of the star as my guide. Since we're only making one score mark it doesn't matter what line you put it on. Line it up so that the point is in the groove at the top and the "v" is upside down and in line with the same groove on the bottom. Like so:

Score only to the MIDDLE of the star. If you need to you can poke a small hole or mark a hole with a pencil so you can easily find the center. I just eyeballed it. Repeat this step for each point on the star.

Then you will turn the star over and align the "v" in the groove at the top with the point in line with the same groove on the bottom. Again, score only to the middle of the star. Like so:


There are so many options when working with these stars! You can emboss them, stamp them, layer them, and even stitch on them. This weekend, I'm going to try to make an ornament out of them! Here's a picture of a layered set I made:


Sorry for the poor picture quality. I had to take the pics by myself, one-handed! LOL! But, I hope it's clear enough for you to get the point. Thanks for stoppin' by and if you try this, leave me a comment and let me know so I can check it out! Thanks, Katie

No comments: