Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Ombre Heart

Ombre is all the rage these days. Everywhere you look you see it; in hairstyles, in fashion, even in home decor. I was pretty short on time this year and wanted to make a quick Valentine's Day card for hubby and I had an idea for an ombre heart. I remembered that you could color on ultra fine glitter with Copics so I set to work. Here's what I came up with...



I started out by adhering a small block of double sided adhesive to a piece of white cardstock. I used these sticky tape sheets but you could also use the new Double Sided adhesive sheets by Elizabeth Craft Designs. Next, I die cut my heart using my Spellbinders Classic Heart Nestabilities then removed the film over the adhesive and covered it with ultra fine clear glitter. After I covered the entire heart, I used my finger to lightly burnish the glitter into the adhesive. After that, all I had left to do was color my heart. Since it was a Valentine's Day card I wanted to use reds so I chose R20, R22, R24 and R29. I used R20 and R27 to blend and help soften the lines where the colors come together. Once it was colored I used more sticky tape to adhere the heart to the front of my card. I used a stamp from an old Unity Store Kit of the Month to stamp the word "love" in the lower right hand corner.

 Here's a closer view of the ombre coloring...

 

I just LOVE the way this card turned out. CAS in it's truest form. And the best part, it only took about 15 minutes! Can't beat that...and this would be a super simple card to make in multiples. Happy Valentine's Day my friends.
 Photobucket

No comments: