Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Happy Birthday Brian!!!

Today is our oldest son's birthday! He is 15. I cannot believe how fast time flies, really. Brian was a teeny little 7 yr old when Rocky and I got together. Now, he is almost as big as his dad. Yikes!!

Brian is a super compasionate young man. He is very considerate of other's feelings. He is an amazing big brother. The teachers tell me all the time that he checks on the kids daily and doesn't turn his nose at them when they see him on campus. I don't know what I'd do without him every day. Seriously. He is smart, athletic and has grown into someone we are so very proud of. Brian is also a BIG time gamer. He LOVES his video games. Can't live without them. So, when I found this digital image at Mo's Digital Pencil, I couldn't resist buying it to make his birthday card. Here it is...

See, it's perfect right?! After resizing and printing my image, I colored it with my Copic markers then cut it out with my Spellbinders Square Nestabilities. The background paper is from the Teresa Collins Extreme Boy collection. It's been in my stash a while. ;) To add a little detail, I cut a small border using the new Spellbinders Classic Ric Rac Edgeabilities and adhered it just under my image. Then I cut a tab from the Spellbinders Donna Salazar Tabs collection and added it to the top of the image. I used some Making Memories tiny alpha stickers to create my multi-part sentiment. Shooterpro96 is B's gamer tag and I wanted to add that personalized detail. Then I thought I'd play on the whole gamer thing a little more and add the level 15 for his age. A few tags and a chipboard shape from the Extreme Boy collection finished it off. We got him some gift cards for would you guess, Game Stop!, and I created a pocket to tuck them in on the inside of the card...

To make the pocket easy, I cut the Lifestyle Crafts French Fry box and cut the back piece off. Then I trimmed the sides and bottom so they'd fold flat. Using my JustRite All Occasion Nested Sentiments I stamped happy birthday then adhered the pocket to the card.

He requested Oreo Dirt Cake for his birthday cake so that's what we're having tonight. Yum! Happy Birthday B! We love you!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so behind reading blogs. I'll bet he had a great birthday. Great idea with the fry box.