Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I know it's been a while...

okay, it's been more than a while since I've posted. But, life kinda got away from me. Between working, my kids, and their lives it was just too much. But, fortunately things have settled down for me and I'm so glad. I've actually had some time to create and it feels soooo good. I've felt inspired and have WANTED to create.

As most of you may know, I'm the Blog Editor and Design Team Member and Coordinator for Scrap-Mart. I've been using my Slice alot to make some projects. Here's my favorite recent layout...

The photo of my daughter was taken on her birthday. I used the new Pink Paislee Enchanting Papers. I just LOVE them! All the flowers and the title were cut with my Slice. I used my Noteworthy, Animal Crackers and Basic Shapes 1 and Basic Shapes 2 Design Cards. I added brads, staples, buttons and gems to the flower centers. I was thrilled with the way this layout turned out.

Before I go I want to share a few non-project things with you. There's a new website out there called Paperee. It's a networking site for papercrafters. Once you've signed up (it's FREE!) and created your profile you can join and add groups, upload projects and pics and stay in touch with your long-distance papercrafting friends. There's some super talented people on there and even a few industry celebs like Layle Koncar, Sarah Milne (Scenic Route) and Michelle Grainger (Quick Quotes). There's already groups for Sizzix, Slice, Boss Kuts and Quickutz users as well as Scenic Route and Sassafrass Lass lovers! Check it out, join in. I promise you'll love it!

Also, my amazingly talented friend, Rae Barthel, has created a new blog called Use It! Challenges. The goal is to get you to use the supplies you already have on hand. I'm so excited for her and can't wait to get started on my project for her very first challenge. Take a moment and hop on over. Scroll all the way down and you can add your blog link to the list. While you're there leave Rae a comment and let her know you stopped by. Hopefully, you'll even partake in a challenge or two.

Well, thanks for stoppin' by today. I'll have more for you soon. In the mean time, you can check out the Scrap-Mart Blog. We post every Monday, Wednesday and Friday with an occasional special weekend post. Hope to see you around!

Katie

1 comment:

GiftsByHeidi said...

That is a cute layout Katie!!