Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hello Kitty

I've never been much on character stuff. I don't buy licensed character clothes for my kids even. But, Sizzix is changing my mind! Scrap-Mart has the new Hello Kitty Sizzix dies in stock and I couldn't resist. Shelby loves anything pink and is totally a girly girl so I made this basket for her to play with...with Easter in mind.

I used my Scor-Pal to create the simple 4x4 box then cut two 1/2" by 12" strips to use as the handles. The grass and egg border were cut with the Hello Kitty Easter Egg Decorative Strip Sizzlits Border. The main image is the Hello Kitty Bunny Costume Sizzlit. I shaded and colored them with my Copics. I found a stash of leftover plastic eggs from last year and decided to add some cuteness to them too. I used the Hello Kitty Loops w/Hearts and Bows Sizzlit Border to create the wrap around the egg and one of the little bunnies from the Hello Kitty Bunnies and Chicks die for the main image. These Hello Kitty dies are too fun and Shelby is loving them!

In other news, we were hit by a freak Spring snow storm yesterday. We ended up with 8" of snow! The power was out for a few hours so we loaded up and crossed the yard to Grandma's house. Fortunately, we're on separate boxes so she still had power. We loaded up the wood burning stove and we were set. Just as we settled in our power was restored. Today's forecast, sunny with a high of 55! As they say in Oklahoma, if you don't like the weather wait ten minutes and it'll change! I hope your weather is enjoyable wherever you are!

Thanks for stoppin' by! I appreciate you! You can check out more projects on the Scrap-Mart blog.

Katie

Supplies: Cardstock: American Crafts, all dies: Sizzix, Brads(to hold handles on): The Paper Studio, coloring meduim: Copics, Scor-Pal (to create box)

No comments: