Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

Copic Airbrush

Hello everyone! I hope you've had a good weekend! I'm back today with another Copic project. This time, I used my airbrush system. One of my favorite new things to play with is acrylic! I purchased some acrylic sheets online and I've made boxes, used them to make die cuts, and even embossed them like I did with the faux stitching strip on this card.

This time, I made a die cut with the acrylic but I didn't want to leave it clear for the card.


I cut the bird from my Quickutz Revolution Birds Die. I have to tell you that the die will not cut all the way through the acrylic...and you may damage your die so be careful if you try this! I trimmed the bird from the sheet and turned it upside down (from the way I wanted it to face...since it's clear it doesn't have a right or wrong side!) and airbrushed it with my Sketch BG09 (Blue Green). I applied one layer at a time and allowed it time to dry then applied two more layers to give the color the depth that I desired. I love the airbrushed look on the acrylic.

There are many uses for the airbrush system. And you can get the compressed cans of air so you don't have to have an air compressor. But, if you do have one, you can get the cans with the adapter on it. Either way, it's great. Scrap-Mart carries a variety of the Copic Sketch Markers as well as the airbrush system(s). If you try them out, I'd love to see your projects! Email them to me at Katie@scrap-mart.com and we may even showcase your project on the Scrap-Mart Blog.

Materials used: Patterned paper: Sassafrass Lass; Cardstock: American Crafts; Dies: Quickutz Revolution Label and Birds; Copic BG 09 and airbrush system; Acrylic sheet: Accucut: Spellbinders Double End Tags



Thanks for stoppin' by! See you soon! Don't forget to check out the Scrap-Mart Blog this weekend for updates from CHA!

Katie

No comments: