Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Coloring with Copics

Sorry I've been MIA. Last week Cody, Shelby and I had strep throat and this week I had the flu! Geez! This has been the worst winter for us, by far. And the crazy thing is we've had some unseasonably warm weather. Perhaps that's why I've been so sick?!

Anywho, I have been building up my stash of Copic markers. I have a few of the Ciao's and a few of the Sketch markers. Like them both. I also have the airbrush system which is totally cool! I purchased some Gina K. stamps a while back and haven't really been able to play with them much. I made one card when I first got them and then nothing.

So, I'll start by showing you the card:


I used my a combination of the Sketch and Ciao markers to achieve the colors I wanted. For the giraffe's spots, I colored with Sketch marker R20 (Flesh) then added Ciao E37 (Sepia) and colored yet again with R20 to lighten to the desired color. For the rest of the giraffe, I colored with Sketch E00 (Skin White). I wanted a softer, non-yellow look for her and I'm happy with the results. I'm new to coloring with Copics...for that matter, I'm pretty new to stamping! I've learned alot from Carolyn King and I also read the Copic Blog then of course, there's always trial and error. I think I colored this giraffe 3 times before I got it right!

I LOVE these markers. And, even for a non-stamper, there's uses for them. You can use them for shading and coloring in your die cuts as well. There's no better way to get a custom embellishment! They retail for roughly $6 each. I know it sounds like a lot but I promise you they're worth every cent! If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them for you and if I don't know the answer, I'll find out! If you're looking for a place that carries them, hop on over to Scrap-Mart. They have a wide variety of the Sketch markers in stock.

Thanks for stoppin' by today! Next Friday I'm heading out to CHA with my friend Laura at Scrap-Mart. It's my first CHA so I'm super excited! I going to be on celeb-watch too! You can check out the Scrap-Mart Blog while we're gone to see all the great new stuff! We'll be bringing regular updates straight from CHA! I will be back Monday with another Copic project!

Materials used: Patterned Paper: Sassafrass Lass; Cardstock and ribbon: American Crafts; Stamps: Gina K. Desings, Just So Hippy; Spellbinders Long Scallop and Regular Rectangles and Double End Tags; Copics; other: rhinestone, Diamond Glaze, string.

Katie

1 comment:

GiftsByHeidi said...

Really cute card Katie! Great job with the copics. Hope you have fun at CHA!