Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Good to be back...

I'm sorry that I've been MIA. Last Thursday I contracted that nasty stomach flu that has been going around. I thought I had outsmarted it but apparently not. I was sick and in bed all weekend and when Monday rolled around, I quickly found out that I was still not back to myself. By Tuesday I was better and somewhat back to normal but sadly, very much behind on chores. And to top if off, the kids are all on Spring Break this week so the piles of to do's keep getting higher. But, alas, I have conquered the tower of laundry and found my floors again...until this weekend I'm sure! LOL!

Anyway, while I haven't done any recent crafting I thought I'd share a few pics of some cards I made to send my mom. She has been on a waiting list for Senior Housing for over a year and an apartment finally became available. While she's actually been in her home for over a month now, she is still receiving many gifts and donations from fellow church members and others who are aquainted with my Aunt. So, I thought it would be nice if she had some hand-made thank you notes to hand out to those who are helping her. I sent her 10 but here are a few of my favs.


I think this one may be my favorite. It is a white standard A2 size card and the polka dot and pink are cut slightly smaller. Very simple...which is why I think I like it so much. That polka paper is SEI and I just LOVE it!





Now this card is a mini-note. Again, very simple. I like the scalloped edge and I think the holes give it a little extra personality.


This one is also a mini-note. I decided to use the Kraft cardstock on this one...which I'm becoming slightly addited to. A small strip of MM Vintage patterned paper and a flower with one of the MM Vintage brads in the center. I added 2 clusters of 3 lime green brads on either side to balance it out.


Again, another mini-note with scalloped edges. This was kinda my theme for the day! I stamped the "Thanks so Much" from my SU! Riveting set then stamped it again and popped up the flower in the center. It's almost impossible to tell in the photo but I went over the flower on the tag and all the flower centers on the patterned paper with my clear glaze pen. It was a great subtle touch.

Well, that's all for now...as if it's not much! LOL! I hope you like my cards. My mom received them and she was thrilled. Here's wishing you all well! Katie

2 comments:

GiftsByHeidi said...

Hi Katie, Glad you are feeling better! Love your cards, especially the first one. Love that polka dot paper too!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear you had the flu Katie...yuk! Hope you're feeling better!
Love your cards~ they're absolutely adorable (I love that SEI dot paper too, and kraft cardstock!!)
Happy Easter! ~rae