Pages

Monday, December 24, 2007

Last Minute Gift...

My mother-in-law loves magnets and has quite the collection. I had intended on ordering a magnet kit from Quick Quotes for her Christmas gift. But, being the miser that I am I didn't want to pay shipping and my order didn't qualify for free shipping. So, while I was in Hobby Lobby I picked up a 3 pack of blank 5x7 flat back canvases. They are a little larger than I had wanted but I think it turned out nice. I used Making Memories Strawberries and Cream paint to cover the canvas and layered Making Memories Noteworthy striped paper and Creative Imaginations Scallop paper. The picture doesn't show it very well but on the top and bottom lines of the striped paper I laid a line of the Terrifically Tacky tape and covered it with clear micro beads. The "cherish" is the insert from my Heidi Swapp acrylic stamp. I had originally stamped in onto vellum but I wanted something more transparent and since I couldn't find my Staz-on ink I just swiped the transparency from the stamp. I added some Making Memories flowers and buttons from their Noteworthy collection and a turquoise jewel for the dot of the "i". There are some heavy duty magnets on the reverse side. A cool thing about working with this canvas is that on the back side, there is a place for you to title your artwork and add your name and date. I hope she likes it! Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous project Katie - love it! Hope your mother-in-law loved it too! Merry Christmas! -rae