Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Fall fun with Want2 Scrap

Hi friends, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Did you go out shopping for Black Friday?  Nope, not me!  I got ALL my shopping done online on Thanksgiving day.  Now I know that technically, it is still Fall but for me, the last day of November is my transition into Winter.  And at that time I start focusing on Christmas projects.  So here is one last Fall project from me this year.

 As a scrapbooker, I have to admit I struggle with journaling. I do not like my own handwriting and I often have a hard time thinking of what to say. But, knowing that one day my albums will be passed to my kids I know it is important. So, sometimes I like to add little pockets and such to hide my journaling.


This layout is super simple. I really wanted to photo of my daughter with the scarecrow to take center so I chose simple elements that would not overwhelm the photo. After matting the photo onto some brown cardstock, I added a piece of Silver Swirls Rhinestone bling. One of the main things I love about working with Want2Scrap bling is that you can cut it to fit your project and it is so easy to work with. This piece of bling was much larger, too large for my clean-and-simple layout, so I simply trimmed it down to make it work.


I added a little paper bag under the lower right hand corner of the photo to serve as my journaling pocket. I love how the kraft bag blended with my fall themed layout. I die cut the tag then added my journaling and some colored seam binding and tucked it in the pocket. I used my BossKut Gazelle to create all the die cut elements, including the mixed font title.

How do you feel about journaling? I would love for you to share any tips or tricks you use to add it to your projects.
  photo 6fcac3ed-64fa-4f4e-a1bb-9c44712297ee.jpg

No comments: