Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Operation Write Home

Hi everyone! I hope you had a wonderful 4th of July! We did. We celebrated at our friends' new home. The hot dogs were delish and there was plenty of dessert to go around. The kids enjoyed the fireworks shows all around on the drive home too.

I was browsing the PaperCrafts Connection blog the other day and there was a blog hop that mentioned Operation Write Home. I know there are quite a few different places that do this for our heroes, but I thought I'd share about this one...since I saw it most recently.

Operation Write Home gathers cards from crafters like you and me and they send them to our deployed troops to send back to their families. Now, think about how if makes you feel to receive a handmade card. Yeah, imagine how it makes THEM feel!

OWH has a wonderful website with all the information about what types of cardst to send, what NOT to send and where to send them. If you can only send 1 card, GREAT!!! If you can send 100 cards, AMAZING!! There's no minimum...send what you can. I have a drawer of cards I have made with generic themes that I will send off soon. But, I am also setting a personal goal to send some Christmas cards off to them too. I have more than enough time to work on them so it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks to all of our service men and women and their families for their sacrifice! We so appreciate all of you!

Photobucket

No comments: