Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

icaved...

Thursday I was standing out in the shop with my husband and pulled my cell phone out of my pocket only to see if slip from my fingers and go slamming into the concrete. The LCD screen went completely black. Immediately I felt lost. I couldn't see who was calling, couldn't read any text messages and worst couldn't access my calendar OR contact list, which I rely on HEAVILY! I felt panicked and I know how crazy that may sound. All day Friday I researched phones. I had decided that I would purchase the LG Neon simply for price reasons. It was only $99 and I could buy it without signing a 2 yr contract. Then I spoke with my father-in-law (who is the person that covers our phones; we're added to his business account) and he told me that he and my brother-in-law had also broke their phones over the last week. He okayed me to do an upgrade because he had already renewed and was "stuck" anyway. Then, I realized that if I upgraded that same $99 would buy me an iphone. So, icaved! I love my new phone! I did lose lots of contacts for failure to periodically save to my SIM card but really, it could be worse. I already have my eyes on the ihome docking station and Toys 'R Us has them 50% off on Black Friday! (hint, hint Rocky :)

We had our Scrap Pink crop over the weekend and it was great! There was 19 croppers and we had a blast! Door prizes were donated by Quick Quotes, Cosmo Cricket, Scor-Pal, Unity Stamps and Craft Mates. A company named Bell Automotive donated small pop-up trashcans which I stuffed with vellum quotes, American Crafts Ribbon, Queen and Company Felt borders and a gift certificate from a local scrapbook store and more! ALL items for the goody bag trash cans and door prizes were graciously donated and made for an amazing crop! I'd like to thank everyone who attended the crop and all of our donors for helping to raise $190 for breast cancer research! You all helped to make a difference in the search for a cure!

I spent my time preparing for the card class I'm teaching Tuesday at The Scrappin' Pad. You can see one of the cards I created for the class on the Scrap-Mart blog today.

I'd better get movin'...gotta work! Thanks for stoppin' by! Hope you come back again soon!

Katie

No comments: